Happy April Fools!

This weekend especially Saturday was a blast! Me, Jon and Ann went to Jackson Park Golf Course to play 18 holes for a fun par-3 time. I ended up leaving the day with a decent score (tied with Jon) and 2 birdies! Sweet! Then it was movie hopping time! Here's my takes on what we watched (this includes a DVD we rented).

Blades of Glory - 8/10. The movie was pretty much as outrageous as Will Ferrell always seems to be in all his movies. From beginning to end it was completely hilarious and I highly recommend it to everyone. Please note that you have to have a pretty liberal mind watching this movie, don't expect something that has a perfect plot, nor for anything to make sense.

Shooter - 8/10. I didn't expect this movie to be as exciting as it was. With Marky Mark as an ex-Sniper, he definably showed that he can always play the part of a complete bad ass. The movie was pretty bloody with heads being shot off, dismemberment and such but it wasn't it a way where I was disgusted with. The plot was pretty decent with few loopholes but it's main purpose was to show the power of a highly trained sniper anyways. Overall a fun movie to watch if you are in the action mood.

Curse of the Golden Flower - 3/10. This film was too artistic for me. I initially wanted to watch it because I love Chinese fighting movies and this one seemed to fit my taste. Sadly enough, there was barely any fighting and the movie moved so slow that I wanted it to end after watching the first 30 mins. However, I do have to say that it was a very artistic movie, where the colors and directing was very beautiful. So if you are looking for a high pace action movie, this isn't it. If you're looking for something pretty to watch with a horrible plot, this movie is for you!

Remember that this is my personal opinion! Cheers!

0 comments: